Welcome to Chipawo
CHIPAWO is a non-profit-making Trust, registered. with the Deeds Office and the National Arts Council of Zimbabwe The Trust has also established ‘Companies of the Trust’ or ‘business units’ whose function is to strive to sustain the Trust and its activities in pursuit of its Mission.
- The Board of Trustees
- The Children’s Council
- The Youth Council
- Arts Education for Development and Employment (AEDE)
- Traditional Music and Musical Instrument Development
The Zimbabwe Academy Of Arts Education For Development
Divi will change the way you build websites forever. The advanced page builder makes it possible to build truly dynamic pages without learning code.
An enduring humane organisation which benefits and empowers children and society for prosperity, unity and peace through participatory arts education in Zimbabwe, Africa and the world. “MWANA ANOKOSHA”
- To be a child-driven, child-centred, democratic model of arts education for development and employment
- To foster an environment in which there is sharing, caring, constructive criticism and gender equality arts activities open to all children
- To develop excellence, talent, originality, knowledge and enjoyment in the learning, creating and practice of the arts and culture of Zimbabwe, the region, Africa and the world
- To further the capacity, welfare, social status and human centrality of the child in Zimbabwe and in the world
- To empower and equip children with self-identity, self-belief and life skills for negotiating local and global challenges in the contemporary context
- To exercise social responsibility and participate in and contribute to efforts to make a world fit for children
- To engage in income-generating activities to complement the fund-raising efforts of the trust
CHIPAWO IS LAUNCHING A PROFESSIONAL YOUTH THEATRE WITH A PLAY ON PEACE AND RECONCIIATION IN ZIMBABWE
On 22nd March, the well-known arts education organisation, CHIPAWO, will be holding three important events at the Theatre in the Park: the launch of a fulltime professional youth theatre company, the New Horizon Youth Theatre; the premier of the company’s first play, Rudo neRunyararo, adapted from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet by Peter Churu and Robert […]
What’s Stopping You From Learning Sign Language
By Rashiwe Chipurunyenye What is stopping you from learning sign language? That is the question each of us should be asking ourselves. From Monday (September 19) until Sunday (September 25) – the world is celebrating International Week of the Deaf. The day is celebrated by the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) and its national […]
SOUTHERN AFRICAN FESTIAL FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE (SAFE) 3RD ANNIVERSARY – A SUCCESS AFTER THE PANDEMIC by Rashiwe Chipurunyenye
It was never a secret that CHIPAWO always delivers and the Southern African Festival for Children and Young People, SAFE was served on a hot platter.