Welcome to Chipawo
CHIPAWO is a non-profit-making Trust, registered. with the Deeds Office and the National Arts Council of Zimbabwe The Trust has also established ‘Companies of the Trust’ or ‘business units’ whose function is to strive to sustain the Trust and its activities in pursuit of its Mission.
- The Board of Trustees
- The Children’s Council
- The Youth Council
- Arts Education for Development and Employment (AEDE)
- Traditional Music and Musical Instrument Development
The Zimbabwe Academy Of Arts Education For Development
Divi will change the way you build websites forever. The advanced page builder makes it possible to build truly dynamic pages without learning code.
An enduring humane organisation which benefits and empowers children and society for prosperity, unity and peace through participatory arts education in Zimbabwe, Africa and the world. “MWANA ANOKOSHA”
- To be a child-driven, child-centred, democratic model of arts education for development and employment
- To foster an environment in which there is sharing, caring, constructive criticism and gender equality arts activities open to all children
- To develop excellence, talent, originality, knowledge and enjoyment in the learning, creating and practice of the arts and culture of Zimbabwe, the region, Africa and the world
- To further the capacity, welfare, social status and human centrality of the child in Zimbabwe and in the world
- To empower and equip children with self-identity, self-belief and life skills for negotiating local and global challenges in the contemporary context
- To exercise social responsibility and participate in and contribute to efforts to make a world fit for children
- To engage in income-generating activities to complement the fund-raising efforts of the trust
CHIPAWO (Children’s Performing Arts Workshop) is performing arts organization that was established in 1989 as a trust with the aim of producing a performing arts education based on the idea of exploiting the traditional performing arts of the people of Zimbabwe and of Africa. Founders of CHIPAWO were convinced that it was necessary to promote […]
CHIPAWO Trust embarked on an African Culture Fund (AFC) sponsored Project which was themed “Revitalizing the creative Life for Children and Young people.”
Press Release UNICEF Zimbabwe in partnership with the Children’s Performing Arts Workshop (CHIPAWO Trust) with funding from the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) are collaborating in establishing awareness platforms for children with disabilities as part of promoting their inclusive participation in creative and artistic expression.